Nathan Winship Smith - MFA Thesis Show // News // …
MFA Thesis Show 2017 | MassArt
MFA Thesis Show | LIU Post ART BLOG
They were assembled together and renamed "Battle" for the Aftermath Thesis Show.
Photo by Kt Tyler
" alt=" MFA Thesis Show Battle" data-imageid="447" data-video="0">
The Low Residency MFA in Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts takes a 21st century approach to the graduate degree in creative writing. Our philosophy is simple: We presume you’re here to learn not just how to write, but how to publish and produce. In that light, our focus is on getting your work out of the classroom and into the real world — you’re going to be read not only by the award-winning writers on our faculty, but also by top industry professionals in publishing, television, and film. These are the literary agents, editors, producers, and show runners who are essential to the next phase of your writing career and who make up our guest faculty each residency. Our goal is to help you find the best way into your story and, in the process, provide you with the tools to make a lasting career in the arts.
Trace – MFA Thesis Show | Naomi Clement
Zen and the Art of Game Design is Devin Wilson’s MFA thesis show, which will be held at Squeaky Wheel in Buffalo, NY on April 13th, 2014, starting at 5 PM. A number of diverse, unusual games will be available for attendees to play, ranging from single-player digital poems to experimental party games.
Andy Wolk has been an acclaimed screenwriter and director in LosAngeles for many years. He received the Writer's Guild Award for starring Michelle Pfeiffer and wasnominated by the Writer's Guild for the movies and , each of which he also directed. He has writtenscreenplays for every studio, and teleplays and pilots for every networkincluding HBO's Emmy-winning . He has directed films for features, cable, and networkalong with episodes of numerous shows including and . Mr. Wolk has taught extensivelyand served as a Creative Adviser and Artistic Director for the SundanceInstitute's Screenwriting Labs. He is a graduate of the University ofPennsylvania, which awarded him a Thouron Scholarship, and he has an MFAfrom Carnegie-Mellon University.
MFA Thesis Show – New York Academy of Art
and hasparticipated in the show.
Leo Rawlings - drawing artist and watercolorist painter of war-time scenes, active in the 1940's.
Leo Tong Juan - one of the FARM artists who showed at Esplanade.
Leong Chuan Hong - member of the Modern Art Society.
- born 1966: First Prize Philippe Charriol Contemporary art Competition (1994), distinction award in the UOB Painting of the Year Competition (1999); mature color oil on canvas renderings of forms,shadows, shapes, and silhouettes.
- painter who has showed at Monsoonasia.
- sculptor and art teacher who has a BFA fromRobert Gordon University, and a MFA in Sculpture from the Heriot-Watt University; she was the head of the management committee of the Telok Kurau Studios in 2002, WITAS member.
Liane Chan - through the interplay of linear structures, her painterly worksachieve a form of visual dynamism.
Liew Koi Neng - MA Arts (Nebraska-Lincoln), recipient of NAC 2004 Overseas Bursary.
Liew Quek Choi - sculptor, SSS member.
- artist who has shown in 10:10.
- born 1962: lawyer turned performance artist and art lecturer, known for his and works that probe the issues of electronic communication.
- biography of the artist who usesinstallations of pipes in his works that discuss communication.
- and other installation work at .
- on interpersonal transactions with technology.
- together with Singapore architects Liu Thai Ker and Tay Kheng Soon, participates in .
- participates in Canberra National Sculpture Forum.
- Project Home at the Substation in 2003.
- abstract of Project Home at the Substation in 2003.
- born 1969: website: trained as a graphic designer, well-traveled Singapore watercolorist has showed extensively in Europe, he lives in Paris, France.
- NAFA alumni, BFA RMIT 2003, practising since 1997, resident artist of Sentosa Village, showed across the Singapore art circuit and in Zhejiang Museum China, and is included in the collections of the Singapore Art Museum, prize winner at UOB Painting of the Year, one of the stable of artists of Ode to Art.
MazlanBin Anuar - mixed media artist.
- an abstract painter with Master in Fine Art(RMIT) and BA(2nd Class Upper Hons)from University of HULL (UK) who is deeply engaged in Asian mythology ref lective of Humanistic psychology and Perennial philosophy research studies, member of APAD, solo show at Utterly Art in 2005.
Melanie Tan - relates how humans have beenencroaching on the territory of animals in her works.
-RMIT graduate in Fine Art whose 2002 works embody spirituality with water, and showed at .
Melvin Chee - a member of Phunk Studio.
- born 1975: BSc (Physics) Brown 1996: one of the scientists who collaborated with the artists with the initial Alpha web-walk-about project, one of the scientist-artists.
- outsider self-taught professional artist, employs biblical references in his abstract works, holds first solo show titled at Un-titled Gallery in 2005.
- YAA 2005, a video installation artist who has worked with William Phuan and TanChee Tat; a Masters graduate in Mass Communications from NTU; a curator; curated; the Acting Deputy Head of Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Visual Arts Department in 2003, participated in , and in at the SAM in 2004.
- one of the sculptors at the 1976 National Museum workshop,1 of 6 artists of the drawing group Finelines, andone of the artists of group 90.
- interdisciplinary artist who explores architecture and visual communication in his works, and who works with digital video and is a media arts lecturer at LaSalle College of the Arts in 2004.
- who with her husband, Paul Koh, installed for the inaugural show of Space 21.
Michelle Lim, aka Ling Yun - exhibited at Nokia Singapore Art, also a curator, she has researched on the theory of Negative Space.
- born 1973: RMIT Masters, one of the artists who showed at 2003, printmaker and showed at R, and showed at, NAFA fine art lecturer, 2005 Philip Morris Singapore Art Awards Juror's Choice.
- a Japanese artist who studied at Goldsmith College, and who co-founded theSingapore-based cyber Danger Museum with Singaporean artist, Woon Tien Wei; she has also shown with the Artists Village at Substation Singapore.
- born 1951 Serbia and Montenegro: website: MFA Institute of Fine Arts, a Yugoslavian artist who is a lecturer at Singapore's La Salle College of the Arts, and whose large paintings are noted for its mature colors and well-composed subjects of abstraction, wife is Delia and daughter Ana.
- website: painter with MA in painting, fashion designer from Yugoslavia, art historian, she teaches Fine Art at Orita Sinclair, Art and Art History at Chatsworth International School and also drawing to enthusiasts.
Min Chen - origami-influenced sculptor.
- Singaporean London Slade School of Art graduate, known for his visual works related to Chinese Opera, British Library Pearson Creative Research Fellow 2004, visual, performance, digital multi-media art, and film and video installation, works in the UK, interested in explorations of sound, the English language, and the different ways language can be communicated or mis-communicated.
- participates at .
Miyuki Chida - printmaker and member of the Printmaker Society.
Mohamed Abdul Kadir (S Mohdir) - born 1936: one of the founding members of the Angkatan Pelukis Aneka Daya (APAD).
Mohamed Elfie - LaSalle trained ceramist.
MohamedFadzel bin Abdul Karim - majored in Drawing at the Victoria College of the Arts,Australia.
- Malay artist who crates interesting works such as Prison Within, a drawing of man enclosed in a cage, and is President of Angkatan Pelukis Aneka Daya in 2003.
- widely-exhibited Malaysian sculptor-painter resident in Singapore who uses wood in his works.
- a formerchampion silat wrestler, traditional Malay Medicine man, and an artist with a .
- Malaysian sculptor who has a few significant public commissions in Singapore.
Mohd Amin Bin Mohd Yasin - Malay artist who renders oil and acrylic works.
- trained at La Salle and showed at
- aerosal artist, urban disciplinarian, and member of Operation Art Core.
Mumtaz Maricar - artist who participates in the 9th BA show with herBollywood MTV style video show named
MFA Thesis Show – Visual Communication Design - …
Fall 2017 IMA MFA Thesis Show - , 16/12/2017 | …
Jason Segall - MFA Thesis Show
THIS IS NOT GRAPHIC DESIGN - MFA Thesis Show 2013
Usc Mfa Thesis Show
RISD Graphic Design MFA Thesis Show on Behance
Categories: MFA 2016, MFA Open Studios, MFA Thesis Show Studio Portrait: Rachel Sard, MFA 2016
MFA SPRING THESIS SHOW: April 1-5 – WIUX
- Masters of Arts (with Honours) Contemporary Art from Paris University, MA Museology, artist and manager of SG Private Banking Gallery at Alliance Francaise who participated in the Housework Project show.
Nathalie Junod Ponsard - Singapore-based French installation artist who installs translucent vinyl films to interplay light, color, geometry and space, and who has collaborated in the theatre piece
- member of Buffer-Kit, participated in the Australian-Singaporean show 10:10.
- member of Buffer-Kit.
Neo Kim Chye - born 1951: NAFA trained: watercolorist and oil painter in the realistic style.
Ng Chai Kim - knownfor an installation with sugarcanes that casts shadows on the floor and presents a maze, SSS member, niece is Janice Yap.
- born 1975: website: trained NAFA in Fine Arts, Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences NUS, recipient Georgette Chen Scholarship, paints, sketched, and sculptures in a realistic style.
- 1934 - 2001: late culturalmedallion recipient sculptor known for his bronze casts of human forms; Ng Eng Tenghas donated many works to the National University of Singapore.
Ng Geok Seng - oil and acrylic painter.
Ng Hock Tin - Chinese ink paintingartist.
- born 1975: Shell-NAC scholar, he pursued a MFA at the Kent Institute of Art & Design, UK, and had solo show in 2003, his works in 2003 are on microbiology, and he has a studio at Telok Kurau Artists' Studios.
- photo-artist who focuses on primarycolor fields.
- trained Slade School of Fine Arts (Printmaking) 1993, NAFA 1989, artist and printmaker, focuses on the use of the human form in her works.
Ng Kwee King - watercolorist of scenery.
- website: freelance cat-crazed artist, mainly working on traditional mediums, currently collaborating a shared website with a designer friend to promote and experiment on crafts and t-shirt design, member of Sloth Studio.
NgSiew Boon -, the 2002 show, and ,the 2003 show.
- figurative painter who includes multitudes of bodies in a darklandscape, obtained Masters from Austrian Art Institute, and Bachelors from theBeijing Central Institute of Fine Arts.
- installation workfeatured; she is noted for her witty work of the improvised "found"battery-propelled ball which rolls along the floor ofSculpture Square purring to be bought.
- 1996 BA Arts NUS, 2000 BFA University of Sydney, artist who exhibited inUrban Artists 2002, Nokia Singapore Arts 1999, MASS and TKS member.
- born 1971 Malaysia: website: BFA Painting (School of Fine Art of Chicago), watercolor, oil painter, and sculptor whois trained in applied materials engineering at the National University, has exhibited in Canada and America, and has resided and worked in Chicago.
- born 1954: graduated Nanyang University: technically engaging artist, works in oil such as , has won local competitions such as Dr Tan Tzse Chor Award.
- co-founder member of the Modern Art Society in 1964.
Nguyen Binh Thanh - practising artist dealing with various socio-political issues, sets up and r
- photographic medium artist.
Nicholas Chai - showed at the show.
Nick Ng - trained artist who founded Fundamental Multi-disciplinary.
- website: Malay female artist with a diverse expression outlets.
NoSleep Required, aka Heman Chong - video artist with several installations todate, and who has collaborated with Tan Kay Syng - see above.
- born 1969: female installation artist who has worked with ultra-sound imaginary of the womband light-box projections and who has participated in the Fukuoka Asian Triennale.
- biodata and interview statements of this Young Artist Award recipient in 2003.
- born 1973: Malay male performance artist, theatre director, playwright, curator, takes part in STOPOVER and 7th Castle of Imagination.
- website: NAFA 1999, BFA University of Huddersfield 2002: artist and art educator, designer, intrigued by how our mind perceive and comprehend our reality in the context of identity and everyday cultures.
- Malay Singaporean female artist trained electrical engineer, based in Switzerland in 2004, majored in fine arts at LaSalle, artist who is a member of APAD and TAV, and showed at show.
Nurasyikin Bte Hamzah - trained at La Salle, showed at Travelogue.
- collage works with gold foiland Chinese calligraphy, and has a unique series of works called , member of Sculpture Society.
Ong Chye Cho - 1916 - 1996: born in Indonesia, watercolorist, known for his orchid paintings, founder member of the Singapore Watercolor Society, shown at the Royal Society of Marine Artists, London in 1980, 1982 and 1983.
OhMei Li - NAFA printmaking graduate participates in at Utterly Art.
- born 1963: Singaporean artist living in Belgium; her works are of predominantly that of the naked human body, primarily the female, which are depicted sensuously in various poses that are composed to provoke thought; she is represented by Taksu gallery and Opera Gallery in Singapore, her work is collected by the NUS Art Museum.
- Korean artist, Singapore permanent resident, trained at RMIT, her works are painted abstracts in a 'lacquer-style' that is meditative and alluring, participated in Arts Invitational 2004.
- partnered with Leo Ong and Claire Lim in the show
-installation artist, Goldsmith College graduate who participated in and show and who also graduated from the National Institute of Education, Perumal studio mate.
Ong Jenn Long - NAFA alumni, approach includes cropping solitude figures in unidentified places, stimulating and raising questions of whether the things we see around us are real or mere apparition; media favored are oil, pastel and charcoal.
"I have always been impressed by the quick turnaround and your thoroughness. Easily the most professional essay writing service on the web."
"Your assistance and the first class service is much appreciated. My essay reads so well and without your help I'm sure I would have been marked down again on grammar and syntax."
"Thanks again for your excellent work with my assignments. No doubts you're true experts at what you do and very approachable."
"Very professional, cheap and friendly service. Thanks for writing two important essays for me, I wouldn't have written it myself because of the tight deadline."
"Thanks for your cautious eye, attention to detail and overall superb service. Thanks to you, now I am confident that I can submit my term paper on time."
"Thank you for the GREAT work you have done. Just wanted to tell that I'm very happy with my essay and will get back with more assignments soon."