MFA Thesis Exhibit - Abstract Paintings
Abstract Instinct: MFA Thesis Exhibition 2013 - …
Creative Writing Thesis Abstract
Most students email--by April 15th--their three committee members (and copy Lisa) the thesis proposal abstract & writing sample, and include the note that the student will leave the thesis proposal cover sheet in the director's mailbox to have the director, upon review, sign his/her approval and then forward on to the other committee members for their signatures, returning it to Lisa by May 15th.
- digital andanimation artist.
- well-traveled artist and recipient of a Shaffer Fellowship at Syracuse University where he trained in the Master of Fine Arts Printmaking program, creates at Esplanade, showed at Utterly Art.
- born 1983: NAFA 2004, showed at Chope-a-seat.
John Bullock - British educator and painter who was resident and active in Singapore during 1959-1963.
- Singaporean artist who employs photographic methods in his ouvre; he is based in New York.
- his show at Jendala in 2004.
- abstract artist who was active in the eighties in Singapore, featured in Singapore Artists Speak.
- works with installation and photography, pursuing a PhD in Art in Curtin in 2003; a lecturer at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.
- phD, main research field is the origin and development of visual representation and expression in early childhood, professor visual and performing arts at NIE.
John Tan - aceramist trained in art education.
John Tan Chor Yong - born 1933: NAFA alumni, and a trained lawyer whose students include Tommy Koh and Jayakumar, has held solo visual arts shows, and is primarily a jewelry designer currently.
- co-founder member of Modern Art Society in 1964.
- born 1941 Singapore: resident in Malaysia, painter and art educator whose color abstract works are displayed at the basement Ballroom foyer of Fullerton Hotel, represented by Shenns, trained at Hornsey College of Art, attended University of London, and Indiana University.
- website: multi-media artist who draws inspiration from architectural and dynamic natural systems, known for work .
Jonathan Chan - RMIT Masters of Fine Art, participates in in 2003.
Jonathan Yip - artist.
- born 1971: controversial performance artist who, at age 22, whipped tofu and snipped off his pubic hair in a show of artistic comment on the caning of homosexuals by the Singapore authority, reporting of the landmark performance on 1993 Dec 31,1994 New Year's Day, ironically, now reviewed by the authorities to be a prodigal son - talented nonetheless and able to contribute to the drive to make Singapore an art hub,
Josephjne Chang Min Li - graduate of the Camberwell College of theArts, who creates works based on religious icons.
Joshua Yang - born Malaysia: majored painting and drawing at University of Huddersfield and Masters in Fine Arts at LaSalle, Singapore-trained civil engineer, works explore objects at the verge of obsolescence.
MFA THESIS EXHIBITION | AND NO ONE FISH IN THE …
- Masters of Arts (with Honours) Contemporary Art from Paris University, MA Museology, artist and manager of SG Private Banking Gallery at Alliance Francaise who participated in the Housework Project show.
Nathalie Junod Ponsard - Singapore-based French installation artist who installs translucent vinyl films to interplay light, color, geometry and space, and who has collaborated in the theatre piece
- member of Buffer-Kit, participated in the Australian-Singaporean show 10:10.
- member of Buffer-Kit.
Neo Kim Chye - born 1951: NAFA trained: watercolorist and oil painter in the realistic style.
Ng Chai Kim - knownfor an installation with sugarcanes that casts shadows on the floor and presents a maze, SSS member, niece is Janice Yap.
- born 1975: website: trained NAFA in Fine Arts, Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences NUS, recipient Georgette Chen Scholarship, paints, sketched, and sculptures in a realistic style.
- 1934 - 2001: late culturalmedallion recipient sculptor known for his bronze casts of human forms; Ng Eng Tenghas donated many works to the National University of Singapore.
Ng Geok Seng - oil and acrylic painter.
Ng Hock Tin - Chinese ink paintingartist.
- born 1975: Shell-NAC scholar, he pursued a MFA at the Kent Institute of Art & Design, UK, and had solo show in 2003, his works in 2003 are on microbiology, and he has a studio at Telok Kurau Artists' Studios.
- photo-artist who focuses on primarycolor fields.
- trained Slade School of Fine Arts (Printmaking) 1993, NAFA 1989, artist and printmaker, focuses on the use of the human form in her works.
Ng Kwee King - watercolorist of scenery.
- website: freelance cat-crazed artist, mainly working on traditional mediums, currently collaborating a shared website with a designer friend to promote and experiment on crafts and t-shirt design, member of Sloth Studio.
NgSiew Boon -, the 2002 show, and ,the 2003 show.
- figurative painter who includes multitudes of bodies in a darklandscape, obtained Masters from Austrian Art Institute, and Bachelors from theBeijing Central Institute of Fine Arts.
- installation workfeatured; she is noted for her witty work of the improvised "found"battery-propelled ball which rolls along the floor ofSculpture Square purring to be bought.
- 1996 BA Arts NUS, 2000 BFA University of Sydney, artist who exhibited inUrban Artists 2002, Nokia Singapore Arts 1999, MASS and TKS member.
- born 1971 Malaysia: website: BFA Painting (School of Fine Art of Chicago), watercolor, oil painter, and sculptor whois trained in applied materials engineering at the National University, has exhibited in Canada and America, and has resided and worked in Chicago.
- born 1954: graduated Nanyang University: technically engaging artist, works in oil such as , has won local competitions such as Dr Tan Tzse Chor Award.
- co-founder member of the Modern Art Society in 1964.
Nguyen Binh Thanh - practising artist dealing with various socio-political issues, sets up and r
- photographic medium artist.
Nicholas Chai - showed at the show.
Nick Ng - trained artist who founded Fundamental Multi-disciplinary.
- website: Malay female artist with a diverse expression outlets.
NoSleep Required, aka Heman Chong - video artist with several installations todate, and who has collaborated with Tan Kay Syng - see above.
- born 1969: female installation artist who has worked with ultra-sound imaginary of the womband light-box projections and who has participated in the Fukuoka Asian Triennale.
- biodata and interview statements of this Young Artist Award recipient in 2003.
- born 1973: Malay male performance artist, theatre director, playwright, curator, takes part in STOPOVER and 7th Castle of Imagination.
- website: NAFA 1999, BFA University of Huddersfield 2002: artist and art educator, designer, intrigued by how our mind perceive and comprehend our reality in the context of identity and everyday cultures.
- Malay Singaporean female artist trained electrical engineer, based in Switzerland in 2004, majored in fine arts at LaSalle, artist who is a member of APAD and TAV, and showed at show.
Nurasyikin Bte Hamzah - trained at La Salle, showed at Travelogue.
- collage works with gold foiland Chinese calligraphy, and has a unique series of works called , member of Sculpture Society.
Ong Chye Cho - 1916 - 1996: born in Indonesia, watercolorist, known for his orchid paintings, founder member of the Singapore Watercolor Society, shown at the Royal Society of Marine Artists, London in 1980, 1982 and 1983.
OhMei Li - NAFA printmaking graduate participates in at Utterly Art.
- born 1963: Singaporean artist living in Belgium; her works are of predominantly that of the naked human body, primarily the female, which are depicted sensuously in various poses that are composed to provoke thought; she is represented by Taksu gallery and Opera Gallery in Singapore, her work is collected by the NUS Art Museum.
- Korean artist, Singapore permanent resident, trained at RMIT, her works are painted abstracts in a 'lacquer-style' that is meditative and alluring, participated in Arts Invitational 2004.
- partnered with Leo Ong and Claire Lim in the show
-installation artist, Goldsmith College graduate who participated in and show and who also graduated from the National Institute of Education, Perumal studio mate.
Ong Jenn Long - NAFA alumni, approach includes cropping solitude figures in unidentified places, stimulating and raising questions of whether the things we see around us are real or mere apparition; media favored are oil, pastel and charcoal.
- artist who has shown in 10:10.
- born 1962: lawyer turned performance artist and art lecturer, known for his and works that probe the issues of electronic communication.
- biography of the artist who usesinstallations of pipes in his works that discuss communication.
- and other installation work at .
- on interpersonal transactions with technology.
- together with Singapore architects Liu Thai Ker and Tay Kheng Soon, participates in .
- participates in Canberra National Sculpture Forum.
- Project Home at the Substation in 2003.
- abstract of Project Home at the Substation in 2003.
- born 1969: website: trained as a graphic designer, well-traveled Singapore watercolorist has showed extensively in Europe, he lives in Paris, France.
- NAFA alumni, BFA RMIT 2003, practising since 1997, resident artist of Sentosa Village, showed across the Singapore art circuit and in Zhejiang Museum China, and is included in the collections of the Singapore Art Museum, prize winner at UOB Painting of the Year, one of the stable of artists of Ode to Art.
MazlanBin Anuar - mixed media artist.
- an abstract painter with Master in Fine Art(RMIT) and BA(2nd Class Upper Hons)from University of HULL (UK) who is deeply engaged in Asian mythology ref lective of Humanistic psychology and Perennial philosophy research studies, member of APAD, solo show at Utterly Art in 2005.
Melanie Tan - relates how humans have beenencroaching on the territory of animals in her works.
-RMIT graduate in Fine Art whose 2002 works embody spirituality with water, and showed at .
Melvin Chee - a member of Phunk Studio.
- born 1975: BSc (Physics) Brown 1996: one of the scientists who collaborated with the artists with the initial Alpha web-walk-about project, one of the scientist-artists.
- outsider self-taught professional artist, employs biblical references in his abstract works, holds first solo show titled at Un-titled Gallery in 2005.
- YAA 2005, a video installation artist who has worked with William Phuan and TanChee Tat; a Masters graduate in Mass Communications from NTU; a curator; curated; the Acting Deputy Head of Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Visual Arts Department in 2003, participated in , and in at the SAM in 2004.
- one of the sculptors at the 1976 National Museum workshop,1 of 6 artists of the drawing group Finelines, andone of the artists of group 90.
- interdisciplinary artist who explores architecture and visual communication in his works, and who works with digital video and is a media arts lecturer at LaSalle College of the Arts in 2004.
- who with her husband, Paul Koh, installed for the inaugural show of Space 21.
Michelle Lim, aka Ling Yun - exhibited at Nokia Singapore Art, also a curator, she has researched on the theory of Negative Space.
- born 1973: RMIT Masters, one of the artists who showed at 2003, printmaker and showed at R, and showed at, NAFA fine art lecturer, 2005 Philip Morris Singapore Art Awards Juror's Choice.
- a Japanese artist who studied at Goldsmith College, and who co-founded theSingapore-based cyber Danger Museum with Singaporean artist, Woon Tien Wei; she has also shown with the Artists Village at Substation Singapore.
- born 1951 Serbia and Montenegro: website: MFA Institute of Fine Arts, a Yugoslavian artist who is a lecturer at Singapore's La Salle College of the Arts, and whose large paintings are noted for its mature colors and well-composed subjects of abstraction, wife is Delia and daughter Ana.
- website: painter with MA in painting, fashion designer from Yugoslavia, art historian, she teaches Fine Art at Orita Sinclair, Art and Art History at Chatsworth International School and also drawing to enthusiasts.
Min Chen - origami-influenced sculptor.
- Singaporean London Slade School of Art graduate, known for his visual works related to Chinese Opera, British Library Pearson Creative Research Fellow 2004, visual, performance, digital multi-media art, and film and video installation, works in the UK, interested in explorations of sound, the English language, and the different ways language can be communicated or mis-communicated.
- participates at .
Miyuki Chida - printmaker and member of the Printmaker Society.
Mohamed Abdul Kadir (S Mohdir) - born 1936: one of the founding members of the Angkatan Pelukis Aneka Daya (APAD).
Mohamed Elfie - LaSalle trained ceramist.
MohamedFadzel bin Abdul Karim - majored in Drawing at the Victoria College of the Arts,Australia.
- Malay artist who crates interesting works such as Prison Within, a drawing of man enclosed in a cage, and is President of Angkatan Pelukis Aneka Daya in 2003.
- widely-exhibited Malaysian sculptor-painter resident in Singapore who uses wood in his works.
- a formerchampion silat wrestler, traditional Malay Medicine man, and an artist with a .
- Malaysian sculptor who has a few significant public commissions in Singapore.
Mohd Amin Bin Mohd Yasin - Malay artist who renders oil and acrylic works.
- trained at La Salle and showed at
- aerosal artist, urban disciplinarian, and member of Operation Art Core.
Mumtaz Maricar - artist who participates in the 9th BA show with herBollywood MTV style video show named
Chris Quinn's MFA Thesis Journal (2010): Thesis Abstract
In 1960 she married the painter and sculptor William Turnbull, settling in London.
- born 1943: website: realistic watercolorist of local scenes; Chinese ink calligrapher; Nanyang style, art teacher; father of Kng Mian Tze, one-man show in 2003.
- website: (& 5 artists) received the Emerging Artists Fund for his first solo show in 2002, trained at La Salle, arts administrator at the Esplanade in 2003, oil painter with expressive renditions of flowers, known for her whimsical and humorous work of the fish painted on the wall of a hotel room, where the room becomes the tank, the daughter of Kng Choon Seng.
- NAFA 1958, oil painter with scenes of landscapes andrural scenery, 2002 show is , past president of the Equator Art Society and NAFA Alumni.
- born 1969: self-taught painter indulging in themes of prostitution in his works, travels widely across Asia, resided in China for a year.
Koh Mun Hong - Chinese painting realistic painting artist who held show at Min Heart Art in 2003 and an art resource panelist to the NAC in 2003.
- artist and researcher; former leader of Artist's Village, researcher for Fukuoka Art Museum, one of the group Nomadic Eyes Collective.
- group shows at Utterly Art in 2003.
Koh Tong Leong - watercolorist, founder member of the Singapore Watercolor Society.
Koh Xueting - NAFA trained 2004, works on his fantasies series.
Kok Zhou Dao - recipient of an award for creativity for the student category of the 2nd Singapore CDL Sculpture Competition 2005 with his layering of cut-out colored acrylic sheets sculpture installation proposal.
KongLai Ming - artist who creates interesting works, for one black and white workthat depicts thumbprints and barcodes.
- LaSalle trained artist who showed at .
- website: trained Brigham Young University Bachelor of Arts, installation artist and sculptor, works with ceramics and lanterns.
Krishnan s/o Kuruppiah - an Indian artist was resident in Malaysia for many years before working in Singapore in 2003, he uses pen and pigments to render curvaceous forms.
Kua Cheow Koon - member of Sculpture Society.
- NAFA 1960: expansive abstractpaintings that take inspiration from the Chinese culture of simplicity andserenity.
Kuet Ee Foo - photo-artist with show in 2002.
- architect-artist who exhibits with Urban Artists and Lost City, MASS member, Atelier Oasis architect, has twin brother.
Kum Chee Kiong - architect-artist who produces sculptural installations.
- born 1953 Malaysia: print-maker and installation artist who has been amember of the Wetterling Teo and Art Forum stable of artists, and who has participated in theopening of the Esplanade Visual Arts Festival.
- born 1919 Beijing - 2003: Masters degree in Fine Arts Seton Hall University, doctorate New York University: painter resided in Singapore in the 90s, Hsieh-I style of Chinese ink painting, which emphasizes expressive calligraphic brush technique and subjective feeling, best-known for his cat painting; exhibited in Singapore in the 1960s under the patronage of Lee Kong Chian, Kwo donated some paintings to the NUS Museum before his demise.
- watercolorist and art director, NAFA Alumni.
Lai Chee Kian - showed in .
Lai Kok Sen - trained NTU School of Computer Engineering with a major in Advance Computer Graphics, 2004 research engineer with NTU at the Centre for Graphics And Imaging Technology saw his research on a new animation technique being showcased in the College of Engineering Week held at NTU.
- born 1936 Malaysia: website: Singapore citizen and French-trained realistic painter of portraits andsculptor who is a popular society portrait artist, and who has painted the work , has been the subject of commentary in the press.
Lai Sen Fong - showed at the SAS 2005 show.
- shows at the Untitled Gallery in 2005 with Jeffrey Ho Kiat.
Lam Hoi Lit, aka Lin Kai Lie, aka Kai Lam,
Robert Strauss is a journalist whose work primarily appears in the and the Philadelphia newspapers. Hehas been a reporter for , afeature writer for the , a news producer for KYW-TV in Philadelphia and a TV criticfor the and . He isthe author of , a funny/sentimental memoirabout being the father of girl jocks, and he also has an online columnof the same name (“Daddy’s Little Goalie”) with Gannett. He is workingon another memoir about going to 100 countries as a nerd/adventuretraveler – hopefully the male nebbish equivalent of . Since he was in fifth grade and wrote the classic, "The SlickSecond Baseman," Strauss has always wanted a career in writing and isglad to have had the chance. He is also a manic, if somewhatuntalented, basketball and piano player. He loves to travel, butespecially likes to country-count, a prospect that often has hischildren Ella (19) and Sylvia (16) rolling their eyes as they have, forinstance, lunch in Liechtenstein or San Marino or a quick bordercrossing to Gibraltar. Strauss and his family live in Haddonfield, NewJersey. He is married to journalist Susan Warner.
2015 MFA Thesis Exhibition - Maine College of Art
Mfa thesis abstract Maus essay guilt
phd resume post Creative Writing Thesis Abstract www researchpaperwritingservice com writing essays in english
Miller Gallery MFA Thesis Exhibition 2015
essay write price Creative Writing Thesis Abstract dissertation service uk doctoral essay writing services toronto
Writing | Columbia - School of the Arts
curriculum vitae master thesis Creative Writing Thesis Abstract accounting phd thesis city university dissertation
"I have always been impressed by the quick turnaround and your thoroughness. Easily the most professional essay writing service on the web."
"Your assistance and the first class service is much appreciated. My essay reads so well and without your help I'm sure I would have been marked down again on grammar and syntax."
"Thanks again for your excellent work with my assignments. No doubts you're true experts at what you do and very approachable."
"Very professional, cheap and friendly service. Thanks for writing two important essays for me, I wouldn't have written it myself because of the tight deadline."
"Thanks for your cautious eye, attention to detail and overall superb service. Thanks to you, now I am confident that I can submit my term paper on time."
"Thank you for the GREAT work you have done. Just wanted to tell that I'm very happy with my essay and will get back with more assignments soon."